Monday, June 22, 2009

Broad bean, tomato and mozzarella salad

On Saturday I bought fresh broad beans and by today I still hadn't used them. I decided to make a summery Italian style dish. To prepare broad beans, shell and boil for one to three minutes depending on how large the beans are. I over cooked mine slightly they were still yummy. I tossed the beans with extra virgin olive oil,one finely chopped clove of garlic, salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon.

I seeded two tomatoes and diced them, and roughly tore up fresh mozzarella and added the veg and cheese to the broad bean mixture.
You must use good mozzarella. I added a chopped handful of fresh oregano to finish the salad off. Let the salad sit for an hour to macerate in the mixture and then enjoy.

mozzerella

No comments:

Post a Comment